Need an online consultation for vaginal yeast infection? Trust FastDocNow to provide it.
Learn more about the condition and how we can help treat it:
A vaginal yeast infection is a very common fungal infection that can affect as many as 3 out of 4 women. The yeast (fungus) responsible for this is called Candida Albicans.
The infection occurs when hormonal changes, medication, or immune system issues allow the Candida Albicans to grow excessively.
Vaginal yeast infection is also known as
- Candidal vaginitis
- Vaginal candidiasis
- Vulvovaginal candidiasis
During a test for vaginal yeast infection, a small sample of your vaginal discharge is examined for the presence of fungal culture.
While it’s not a prerequisite for scheduling a vaginal yeast infection consultation online, we urge you to get tested beforehand.
This will allow us to design the most effective treatment plan for you.
Symptoms of Vaginal Yeast Infection
The symptoms of a vaginal yeast infection vary in severity and include:
- Irritation and itching in the vagina and the vulva (the outer part of female genitalia)
- Burning, redness, and swelling of the vulva
- Pain or discomfort during urination and intercourse
- Vaginal pain, rashes, and soreness
- Watery, abnormal vaginal discharge
- Thick, odorless discharge that’s white in color and resembles cottage cheese
In your online consultation for vaginal yeast infection, your infection may be categorized as complicated if:
- You find sores, tears, and cracks in the vaginal walls
- Your other symptoms are extremely intense and painful
- You have recurring yeast infections (four or more in a year)
Am I At Risk for Vaginal Yeast Infection?
If you’re considering a vaginal yeast infection consultation online, but aren’t sure of your symptoms and your susceptibility to it, these questions may help:
- Are you pregnant?
- Are you diabetic?
- Are you currently taking — or recently took — antibiotics?
- Do you have a weak immune system (due to medication or a medical condition)?
- Are you using hormonal contraceptives (such as birth control pills)?
- Have you had a vaginal yeast infection in the past?
If you answered ‘yes’ to one or more of these questions, you should get tested for vaginal yeast infection, and book an online consultation for vaginal yeast infection right away.
Complications of Vaginal Yeast Infection
Prolonged, untreated vaginal yeast infection can result in the following complications:
- Skin in the genital area that’s broken due to scratching can provide an ideal site for germs.
- The inflammation in the vagina or vulva can spread to other areas, such as the urethral opening.
- Vaginal yeast infections can put pregnant women at greater risk of pregnancy complications, such as miscarriage, premature labor, or premature birth.
- Pregnant women with a vaginal yeast infection can also pass the infection to their babies during vaginal birth.
- Newborns infected by their mothers may develop nappy rash or oral inflammation.
Avoid these issues with a timely vaginal yeast infection consultation online.
Prevention and Precautions
You can decrease your risk of vaginal yeast infections by wearing loose-fitting cotton underwear.
Additionally, here’s what to remember:
- DON’T wear tight-fitting underwear.
- DON’T douche. The vagina is self-cleaning, and douching eliminates good bacteria that promote vaginal health.
- DON’T take very hot baths or spend too much time in hot tubs.
- DON’T take antibiotics unnecessarily. Use them according to doctor’s instructions only.
- DON’T wear wet clothes for too long.
Treating Vaginal Yeast Infection
During your online consultation for vaginal yeast infection with FastDocNow, you may be prescribed:
Vaginal yeast infection can be treated by antibiotics taken by mouth or an antifungal medicine applied inside the vagina. Your exact treatment will depend on your symptoms, the severity of the infection, and other health considerations.
When you set up a vaginal yeast infection consultation online with FastDocNow, expect professional treatment and complete confidentiality.
Receive the high-quality care you deserve in the comfort of your own home.
Start your online consultation for vaginal yeast infection now.