Searching for an online consultation for vaginitis? You’ve come to the right place.
Learn more about the condition and find out how FastDocNow can help treat it:
What is Vaginitis?
Like other areas of the body — such as the mouth and the gut — the vagina also has a complex ecosystem of bacteria that keep it healthy.
When the production of these bacteria is imbalanced or uncontrolled, it can cause a condition known as bacterial vaginitis. Bacterial vaginitis (BV) often causes itching, pain, and abnormal discharge.
There are the most commonly occurring types of BV:
- Bacterial vaginosis: it occurs due to a lack of healthy bacteria and extensive growth of other microorganisms.
- Vaginal yeast infections: they’re caused by a fungus known as Candida Albicans.
- Trichomoniasis: it’s caused by a parasite and can be transmitted from one person to another during sexual intercourse.
You can obtain professional help by scheduling a vaginitis consultation online at FastDocNow.
Symptoms of Vaginitis
The typical symptoms of vaginitis include:
- Abnormal vaginal discharge (look for changes in quantity, color, or odor)
- Vaginal irritation or itching
- Pain or discomfort during sex and urination
- Vaginal bleeding or spotting
Any vaginal discharge can also offer clues about your vaginitis. Here’s what to look for:
- Bacterial vaginosis: it can cause a foul-smelling, grayish-white discharge. Its odor may be termed as ‘fishy’ and could be more noticeable after sexual intercourse.
- Yeast infection: also known as candidal vaginitis, it can be identified by persistent itching and the presence of a thick white discharge that resembles cottage cheese.
- Trichomoniasis: it causes a greenish-yellow discharge that may or may not be frothy.
If you’ve observed one of these discharges, you should set up an online consultation for vaginitis right away.
Causes of Vaginitis
There are different causes for different kinds of vaginitis:
- Bacterial vaginosis: it’s caused when the number of healthy vaginal bacteria (lactobacilli) is exceeded by the number of other bacteria (anaerobes).
- While there’s a link between bacterial vaginosis and sex — for women with multiple sex partners or a new sex partner — remember that one doesn’t have to be sexually active to get it.
- Yeast infections(candida vaginitis): they’re typically caused by Candida Albicans growing in uncontrolled quantities inside the vagina.
- Trichomoniasis: it’s a sexually transmitted infection (STI) caused by a single-celled parasite called Trichomonas Vaginalis. This parasite enters your body during sexual intercourse with an infected person.
Am I at Risk for Vaginitis?
Determine your susceptibility for bacterial vaginitis by answering the following questions:
- Are you sexually active?
- Have you had an STI in the past?
- Are you diabetic?
- Have you been prescribed medicines such as antibiotics or steroids?
- Are you pregnant, using birth control pills, or going through menopause? The resulting hormonal changes can increase your risk of BV.
- Do you douche frequently, take bubble baths, or use feminine products such as vaginal spray or vaginal deodorant?
- Do you often wear damp or tight-fitting clothes?
If your answer to one or more of these is ‘yes’, then you should promptly schedule a vaginitis consultation online.
Complications of Vaginitis
The inflammation caused by bacterial vaginosis or trichomoniasis can put you at greater risk of contracting other STIs.
If you’re pregnant, bacterial vaginosis and trichomoniasis may result in premature delivery and an underweight newborn.
Prevention and Precautions
Your doctor may recommend additional measures during your online consultation for vaginitis, but here are some basic tips:
- Take showers instead of hot baths.
- Avoid chemical irritants, such as those in scented pads and tampons, douches, soaps, and vaginal sprays and deodorants.
- After using the toilet, wipe from front to back to protect your genitalia from fecal bacteria.
- Wear loose-fitting cotton underwear.
As part of your vaginitis consultation online, a doctor may prescribe:
- Topical ointments
Note that your treatment plan will depend on your symptoms, the severity of your infection, and your medical history.
When you sign up for an online consultation for vaginitis with FastDocNow, you can expect care and confidentiality.
Receive the high-quality treatment you deserve in the privacy of your own home.
Start your vaginitis consultation online now.