Seeking an online consultation for pink eye? Trust the capable medical professionals of FastDocNow.
Learn more about the condition and find out how we can help:
The insides of our eyelids are lined with a thin, clear tissue known as the conjunctiva. It also lies over the white area (sclera) of our eyes.
Pink eye — also called conjunctivitis or pinkeye — is what happens when the conjunctiva becomes inflamed.
Online Doctor For Pink Eye
While adults can get it, it’s typically associated with children.
Even though it’s extremely contagious, it isn’t serious if caught and treated in time.
Protecting yourself from any long-term damages of pink eye is as easy as scheduling an online pink eye treatment and following the doctor’s instructions.
Symptoms of Pink Eye
Common symptoms of pink eye can be observed in one or both eyes:
- Thick discharge that can harden into a crust overnight and make it difficult to open your eyes in the morning
- Burning sensation
- Blurred vision
- Increased light sensitivity
If you’re observing one or more of these symptoms, it’s best to opt for an online consultation for pinkeye so that you don’t need to see your eye doctor in person.
Causes of Pink Eye
Pink eye can be caused by a range of factors, which include:
- An allergic reaction
- Parasites, fungi, and amoeba
- Irritants, like shampoos, chlorine in swimming pools, and dirt
Certain sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) — such as gonorrhea and chlamydia — can also cause pink eye.
Typical Treatments Include
Types of Pink Eye
There are several different types of pink eye, which can cause various symptoms. If you note any of these, it’s advisable to set up a pink eye treatment online without delay.
- Viral strains are the most frequently occurring forms of pink eye. They’re also the most contagious. They cause a watery discharge and a lot of tears. As your body starts fighting the virus, you’ll probably see swollen lymph nodes near your neck.
- Bacterial strains are known to infect one eye, but they can cause symptoms in both. If you get pink eye through a bacterial strain, your eyes will produce plenty of pus and mucus.
- Allergic reactions that cause pink eye to lead to tears, constant itching, and redness in both eyes. As is typical of allergies, they can also cause a runny nose.
- Giant papillary conjunctivitis is what medical experts believe happens due to prolonged use of contact lenses or an artificial eye. It’s also considered an allergic reaction to the presence of a foreign body.
Am I at Risk for Pink Eye?
You may be at risk for pink eye if:
- You’ve been exposed to something you’re allergic to, which can cause allergic conjunctivitis.
- You’ve been exposed to someone who was infected with either a viral strain or a bacterial strain of pink eye.
- You use contact lenses, particularly lenses designed for long-term use.
If you believe you’ve been exposed, getting ahead of pink eye can be very helpful. Schedule an online consultation for pinkeye right away.
Complications of Pink Eye
While pink eye is often easy to treat, sometimes there can be complications, such as corneal inflammation that may impact your vision.
This is why pink eye shouldn’t be left untreated, and a pinkeye consultation online should be arranged as soon as symptoms are observed.
Prevention and Precautions
Your doctor may offer additional advice during your online consultation for pinkeye, but these are the basic tips to keep in mind:
- Avoid touching or rubbing your eyes.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Wash your towels and washcloths regularly, and don’t share them with others.
- Change and wash your pillowcases regularly.
- Don’t use others’ eye cosmetics or eye care products.
Treating Pink Eye
Typical treatments for pink eye include:
- Eye drops
- Pain relievers
As part of your pinkeye consultation online at FastDocNow, your doctor will prescribe medication depending on your symptoms.
When you choose FastDocNow, you can expect the highest standards of care, courtesy, and confidentiality.
Receive the high-quality care you deserve in the comfort of your own home.
Start your online consultation for pinkeye now.