Are you looking for an online consultation for tooth infection? FastDoNow has the right solution for you!
Learn more about this dental condition and how FastDocNow can help.
A tooth infection or tooth abscess is the buildup of bacteria and pus in and around the teeth. A tooth infection can affect teeth and gums and cause pain that radiates to the jaw, neck, and even the ear.
If left untreated, tooth infections can become severe and spread to the other parts of the body.
Symptoms of Tooth Infection
A tooth infection can be characterized by signs and symptoms such as;
- Sensitivity to cold or hot temperature
- An excruciating toothache can be felt in the affected tooth, jawbones, and sometimes till the ear.
- Tenderness or swelling in the jaws or neck area
- Experience foul-tasting fluid if the abscess ruptures.
- Find it difficult to swallow
- Difficulty chewing or biting
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, get in touch with FastDocNow to schedule an online consultation for tooth infection.
Risk Factors for Tooth Infection
- Not practicing proper dental hygiene: Not brushing teeth twice a day and not flossing regularly can lead to toothaches, dental infections, and other dental complications.
- Dry mouth: Having a dry mouth due to specific medication or just old age can contribute to the development of tooth abscess.
- Excessive consumption of sugar-rich foods and beverages: A sugar-rich diet can lead to dental cavities, which might transform into a tooth infection.
If you are at risk of developing tooth infection, book an online consultation for tooth infection at FastDocNow.
Complications Associated With Tooth Infection
A tooth infection requires proper dental treatment. If the tooth abscess ruptures, it might relieve pressure and pain but should not be left untreated. The tooth infection can spread to your jaw and the neck region and cause further complications.
Moreover, an untreated tooth abscess can lead to sepsis, an acute infection that can spread throughout the body.
Prevention and Precaution
Practicing good dental hygiene can prevent the development of toothaches and tooth infections.
- Brush your teeth with fluoride toothpaste twice a day
- Use dental floss to clean between your teeth daily
- Limit the consumption of sugar-rich snacks, foods, and beverages
- Switch to a new toothbrush every three months
- Use a fluoride mouth rinse to prevent dental cavities and infections.
Treating Tooth Infection
Your dental practitioner at FastDocNow will recommend you
- To practice good oral hygiene
- Schedule regular dental checkups
- Limit the consumption of sugar-rich foods and beverages
The dentist may perform invasive dental procedures such as
- Draining the abscess: Creating a small incision and draining the abscess to get rid of the pus. Your dentist will rinse the infected area with saline water to relieve pain and swelling.
- Pulling out the infected tooth: If the tooth is beyond repair and cannot be saved, your dentist might suggest a tooth extraction to prevent the spread of the infection. They will drain the abscess and rinse it with saline to relieve swelling.
- Performing a root canal procedure: To save your tooth from further damage, your dentist might recommend you a root canal treatment. They will remove the soft tissue or pulp, drain the abscess, fill and seal the space with a rubber-like material, and cap it with a crown. The crown will make your tooth strong and make it last a lifetime.
Your online consultation for tooth infection at FastDocNow will help us get to the root of the problem and prescribe you effective treatment for your dental problems.
Our dental practitioners will evaluate your dental condition, work out a treatment plan, and ensure that your dental concerns are dealt with from the comfort of your home.
Schedule an online consultation for tooth infection with our dental experts at fastDocNow and start your treatment today!