At FastDocNow, we know how stressful the current situation surrounding the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic has been for many of our patients. If you’re in need of medical consultations, prescription refills, or other health services, we invite you to schedule a consultation with one of our knowledgeable team members today. You can get feedback from medical professionals and basic treatments like prescriptions refills without ever needing to leave the comfort and safety of your own home. As medical professionals, we’re committed to helping our patients stay up to date on the latest information surrounding this pandemic. In this month’s blog, we’re going to talk about staying safe as we increase interactions with others, tips for preventing health issues, and what you should do if you’re worried you may be suffering from COVID-19.
Going Out & Travel Safety
It is still recommended that individuals limit all errands, travel, and non-essential interactions with the public. When you do need to go out or travel, keep the following in mind:
- Wear a face mask any time you’re interacting with others
- Do your utmost to stay six feet away from other people
- Do not touch your face, and if you do need to touch your face, wash your hands first
- Wash hands for at least 20 seconds using soap and water after touching surfaces in public spaces, paying for goods, picking up items that have been touched by others, etc.
- You can also use hand sanitizer if you’re unable to wash your hands
- Cover your sneezes and coughs with a tissue and discard that tissue right away
In addition to taking steps to prevent contracting COVID-19 when interacting with others, you should also be taking steps to maintain your own health. Be sure to eat a healthy, nutrient-rich diet and drink a lot of water. Stay up to date on all of your medications and other preventive healthcare needs. Get plenty of rest and avoid excessive levels of stress.
One of the best ways to prevent the spread of COVID-19 is to be aware of and monitor any symptoms you and your family may be exhibiting. If you are showing signs that are associated with COVID-19, you should take steps to avoid coming into contact with other people until you receive a diagnosis. Some of the common symptoms to be aware of include:
- Fever and chills
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion and runny nose
- Nausea, diarrhea, and other digestive issues
In addition to these common symptoms, you should be aware of and seek immediate medical attention if you experience any of the following severe symptoms of COVID-19:
- Trouble breathing
- Pressure or pain in the chest
- New confusion
- Difficulty waking up and staying awake
- Bluish lips or face
You can learn more about symptoms of COVID-19 and stay up to date on the latest information by visiting the CDC website.
Consult with a FastDocNow Team Member
Many people are not sure how to respond if they are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19. Before you go into an emergency room or even your local medical clinic, we recommend scheduling an online cold and flu consultation session with one of our team members. They can review your symptoms and history and make an appropriate recommendation for what your next steps should be, including helping you find a testing facility.